PUPPY CULTURE – For vaccinated puppies under 1 year
“The impact we have on training and socializing our puppies starts at age 8 to 16 weeks”
- Socialization – This is the first step of having your pup interact with other dogs and people; which is one of the most important experiences and exposures you can provide for your new pup.
- Puppy Development- You will learn about the inner world of our new puppies, how to communicate with them, and understand the boundaries of the development period.
- Attention getting – Learn to use treats and attention to reward your pet for giving attention.
- Luring – Shape your pup into positions using a lure without using verbal commands.
- Clicker/Marker Training- We introduce a clicker and demonstrate how to mark wanted behaviors.
- Name Game/Focus – The basis and top priority for all commands and exercises for a well-mannered dog
- Other Commands/Exercises: We also work on sit, down, crate training, getting used to leash, eliminating jumping, biting and chewing issues.
*Our goal is to have you advance to Level-1 after 3 to 4 weeks of Puppy Culture Classes.
PUPPY PRESCHOOL – Socialization for Puppies 8- 14 Weeks
For Paws Canine Obedience is excited to announce an opportunity for new puppy owners whose dogs have not yet completed their full series of vaccines.
These sessions are designed to provide you an opportunity to socialize your puppy with other puppies, people, and places before they can begin training. The optimum time for puppies to be introduced to novel situations and to socialize with other puppies is between the ages of 8-12 weeks. Most puppies do not finish their series of vaccines until 14-16 weeks. Our program includes the following features:
- Sanitized Play Area
- Socialization with other people and puppies
- Small group size- 3-4 puppies maximum
- Tips and Demonstration for Crate Training
- Tips for Potty Training
- Introduction to Novel items
- General information about puppy behaviors
- Introduction to basic training
- 45- minute sessions
- Led by certified trainer
Time: Thursdays 5:00 to 5:45 PM
Cost: $25 per session or $100 for 5 sessions ( Anyone who attends 3 or more sessions will receive a 10% discount for additional training packages with us.)