LEVEL 2 – Intermediate Basics
For dogs who have completed LEVEL 1 or those needing a refresher.
Stay with Duration and Distance- Learn how to teach dog to stay from a 5-7 feet for 30 or more seconds.
- Focus with Distractions – Practice maintaining dog’s attention. This exercise is practiced through all levels of training.
- Sit by My Side or By Me – Practice behavior using very little luring and start eliminating treats.
- Wait/Stay – Begin learning the wait command. Reinforce difference in stay and wait.
- Off the floor down – Practice the down command while standing upright.
- Release – Learn how to teach your pup to release or give up objects to you, (toys, balls, etc.)
- Loose Leash Walking – Practice techniques for loose leash walking.
- Take it or OK – Learn to teach your pup to wait for treats form your hand, for his food bowl as you place it in front of him/her. In general, wait for everything when you ask them to do so.
- Situational Expectations- Practice with your pup to sit before you go out the door, before you come in the door. As you go for walks, have your pup sit every 5 feet.